Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Busy Week

My calendar for May is completely packed (actually, my whole summer is planned as well)... I am so behind on posting. We have been so busy lately between soccer games, practices, yard work, playing outside, keeping our new puppy entertained and all the end of the year field trips, concerts, and activities.

First of all - the Borgess Run was awesome for all of us. I will post pictures of the Kids' Fun Run, Brett's FIRST 5K and my half marathon. Not bragging too much, but we all rocked our runs!!!!! I love being more healthy as a family. It was so great to be doing this all together this time :)

House projects have been keeping us busy. We are getting invisible fence (around our whole property) generator, septic pumped and two new trees. Brett and I did a lot of yard work and put up more fence in the side yard. Of course, I got poison ivy again. it wouldn't be spring with out it!!!!! I love working in the gardens and just keep adding to them every year.

They have also started working on the side street. Our dead end side street is turning into a cul-de-sac. One house will be going in way back in the woods. It will definitely look different back there. My kids love all the dirt right now... We are just happy that it is going to be only one house and not a whole subdivision.

I have been battling a very sore, stiff neck for over a week. Thank goodness it happened after the HALF!!!!! I have really backed off of running and working out. Brett keeps telling me it happened so that I would give my body a break. I really went all out and trained HARD for this Half Marathon - it was worth it!!!!! Did I mention that I loved my time?????????

Izzy is keeping me very busy. Of course she chewed on Caitlin's new Lelli Kelly shoes... At least the dog has good taste in shoes :)

My great girl friends at an ANNUAL Derby party. Caitlin picked the winning horse again this year!!!!!!
Our happy little puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.