We just finished BATTLE of the BOOKS. A good friend of mine and I coached a team of boys. It was quite an adventure. There were several times that I was questioning why I picked the boys team to coach-- the times they were wrestling on the floor, making shooting noises, or just tearing around my house to name a few. In the end, I couldn't have been more proud of our group. Way to go Chapter Raptors!!!
We had 10 books to read and learn as many facts as possible about those books. We created multiple games for them to play to help them stay motivated to learn. We met every Sunday afternoon to review authors, facts and eat snacks...
Madison was also involved. She was on a team of all girls. Her team's name was BOOK'S BEST FRIEND. It was really fun to have all three of us read all 10 books and be able to talk about them and quiz each other.
Madison and her friend went for a pedicure after the battle to celebrate...
Each team designed their own shirt... They turned out super cute...
This morning I sent Blake and Madison off to school for a school wide celebration of books. They were able to dress up as their favorite book. I had one night to prepare. I was scrambling last night and trying hard to get my creative juices going.
Madison - The Velveteen Rabbit... I love her customized shirt
Blake - Warriors...
Caitlin went to school last week as a Dalmation to celebrate 101 days of school.








No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.