What a week!!!! I am exhausted right now and it is only Friday morning. Between these kids, driving to all their activities, my crazy running schedule, and little sleep - I am TIRED:) It has been great to see them so excited about their new schools. Blake still isn't totally on board about the NEW school, but he is getting there. I hope that he finds a great little buddy soon.
Caitlin was just the cutest thing about Preschool and even forgot to give me a hug. I of course called her back out of the classroom for a hug. It was a sad day for me to have my baby leave me, but she loved every minute of it. The night before her big day, she was cracking herself up about going to school. She was snuggled all in her big girl bed and kept laughing and saying, "I am going to school by myself tomorrow". It was definitley a moment that I will never forget.
Madison has adjusted amazingly well. She has jumped on the bus everyday with our little goodbye routine and waves out the window. Those who know about my EVERYDAY struggles with her for the past two years should be rejoicing with me. Maybe she is growing up????? I also got an email from her teacher about how great Madison is, how she is always the helper and that she can't believe how well she reads. I have saved that e-mail!!!!! I should frame it and put it next to my pillow:)
One crazy moment to share with you though, OUR HOUSE IS NEVER DULL!!!!!! Just this morning, I headed out to the bus stop with the kids. I tried real hard to convince Caitlin to stay in and watch TV. I just didn't have the energy after a 6 mile run at 5:45am AGAIN to deal with crazy kids. We get outside and the touching and tormenting started. I tried to play a game with them of I SPY, but they weren't interested. I convinced Blake (instigator) to run down to the end of the street and back. He started off and I was so excited, however Caitlin started after him. I yelled for her to come back because I knew it wouldn't end well. Just then the bus came around the corner. Blake was at the end of the road and needed to get back. Caitlin wiped out on the cement and was screaming, Blake was yelling about the bus and worried that he would miss it and Madison was freaking out about not being able to go without our special goodbye. It was HORRIBLE. I needed to be in three different places at once. I actually had to leave Caitlin in tears on the road to get the others on the bus, I felt so bad for her. By the time that I got to her, she also had wet her pants. I sure hope my day gets better!
My half marathon is next weekend in Lansing. I have been running like crazy lately. Yes, my foot is very sore, but I have to get this done and then take a break. Lots of ice taping and motrin. I have also been going to the gym and doing weights, and a few classes. My poor body is ready for a little time out of the kids and running.
Oh well, enough about my crazy life. We are going to have a great weekend with both sets of grandparents in town. A big bonfire is a must!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.