Friday, December 21, 2012

REALLY... Gymnastics???

From the time that I can remember, I lived upside down.  I loved, breathed, lived gymnastics...  I dreamed of having a little gymnast.  How things change :)

I put all three kids in gymnastics as soon as we could.  We loved those mommy/tot classes.  I was that crazy mom popping my girls up into a handstand on the bars...  Madison was asked to join the pre team the summer before Kindergarten and I couldn't have been more proud.  She liked it, but didn't LOVE it.  We stuck with it until she complained about going more than wanted to go.  It was hard for me to let go of that dream, but I did.  Caitlin told me that she would rather dance after 3 years of gymnastics.  That about broke my heart, but I signed her up for dance anyways...

This year, Caitlin is LOVING gymnastics and NOT dancing.  She is upside down most the time in my living room.  She is constantly asking me to help her with back handsprings, kick overs, etc.  I have slowly let myself get a little excited.  I've been really watching her lately in class and she has some REAL talent --- and she LOVES it!!!  That has actually made me start second guessing myself.  Do I really want her to do this sport????  I know how tough it can be and am not sure that I have it in me to push her...  As I am writing this, I am in physical therapy 3 times a week:(

Her gymnastics coach has been putting a little pressure on me to have her join the pre team...  I'm super excited and super nervous at the same time.  I am leaving it up to Cait.  We will have to make a decision at the end of the school year.

Just look at how cute she is though...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.