Thursday, August 27, 2009
working out - FINALLY!!
So, I have been putting off going a gym for years now. I have always felt a little guilty spending the money when we had a treadmill in our basement. We all know how motivating it is to run downstairs in your basement without even a TV. This past January, I decided that I was going to be a "runner", another crazy dream that I have always had. I started faithfully everyday running on my treadmill. Mile after agonizing mile, I did it! Soon I felt confident enough to run with my friend. I did my first 5 K in April and am heading out Saturday for a 10K. I am also doing a half marathon the end of September. All this running has led me to want to tone my upper body as well. I just joined SWAT yesterday. I went to a Body Pump class and loved it. I am definitely addicted after just one time. The sad thing is my legs are in worse shape this morning than my arms. I thought that my legs would be fine and my arms would be killing. I guess all that baby and kid carrying have kept my arms in a little shape. I am even thinking of trying out my old gymnastic tricks and enroll in an adult gymnastic class. One step at a time. THE HALF MARATHON. I don't want to hurt myself in gymnastics before the big run!!!! It defintiley feels good to be getting a little time for myself back after seven years :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.