Friday, April 2, 2010

My Budding Scientist

I am in charge of the science fair at my kid's school. It has been some work, but I am enjoying being back at meetings with adults and doing "school" things again. I have also got to know the principal, secretaries and the other teachers much better now. The actual event happens on Earth Day.

Madison decided to grow plants. We bought a "ROOT VIEWER" so that we could see what the roots look like. She is also making a display board of all the different types of roots. We have been watering, observing and recording the growth. We are growing carrots, radishes and green onions.

Blake wanted to do a volcanoe. It fits him nicely right now - EXPLOSIONS!!!!! Of course I am not letting him off that easy. He is also going to be making a display board of the different types of volcanoes and how they form.

I have always tried to push science a little on the kids and this is a great way to get them started with displaying it. We have also just got our shipment of two bull frog tadpole. More info and pics to follow.



It was St. Patrick's Day - notice Madison's outfit. The green pants that I picked out weren't good enough. She needed her bright green shirt as well. She was cracking me up.

Our final product - now just GROW!!!!!!!

We are so happy that the sun has been out. The kids and I have done some yard work already and been to the park several times. I am enjoying running outside. I only have a few weeks until the half marathon. I am so ready this time. I have done five 10 mile runs!!!!!! I wasn't this ready for the last one. I feel more confident this time around as well. My foot is giving me a little problem again, but nothing a little ice, motrin and extra care can't handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.