Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Butterflies AGAIN

My third HALF marathon is this Sunday in Grand Rapids. I actually am the best prepared this time around. I have been doing long runs of 8-10 miles every weekend with some great friends since the spring. I am feeling great!!!!!! Yes, I always have the sore joints now and then. BUT, I am really feeling ready to run.

I think that I am still pumped from being in Chicago last weekend and seeing all the marathon excitement, I am thinking about running the Chicago full next fall. I need to see how this half goes first. I am going to run at my own pace this time. The previous ones I ran with friends and held back a little. I want to run this one faster and give it my all!!!!

I am enjoying my rest time (wednesday - saturday). I am drinking my hydration water, taking motrin, eating carbs, and nursing three bad blisters.

I am going up to GR Saturday afternoon with my two running buds and we are shopping, eating and staying the night up there. Thank goodness that my Mother-in-Law was willing to come back to watch the kids again this weekend because Brett is off to Vegas.

It is also my 36th birthday on Sunday. Running 13.1 miles is a great birthday present RIGHT??????? I would have never thought that I would be doing this at 36 a few years ago! I love it and enjoy hearing my kids tell their friends about their mom being a "good" runner. I think they are talking me up a bit - but it is so sweet.

Hopefully, I will have a great post early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.