Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm BACK!!!

Sorry that it has been so long since the last post. I have several to make up for. Things have been sooo busy.

First, I was so sick. I must say it was the sickest that I have been in so long. Even Brett, Mr. unsympathetic, felt sorry for me. I had a horrible time getting out of bed. It took all my effort to just get up and go to the bathroom. I still did the mommy things during the day as horrible as it was, but thankfully Brett tried getting off work earlier and took over the night shift when he walked in the door. I just remember doing a lot of pleading with the kids, crying, and praying that it would get better. Amazingly no one else got it. I was really good about sanitizing the house and staying in my own bedroom as much as possible. It lasted about 3 days of the horrible fever, chills, sore throat and then I started feeling better, but still very run down. I actually took a whole week off of the gym. That was hard for me!!!!

Brett and I have been doing the South Beach diet the last three weeks as well. It is going great. I actually feel so much better from barely eating any carbs. Brett has lost almost 25 pounds. I am so proud of him.

I also just got back from an amazing girls weekend to Miami. The weather was amazing and I even got a little burned. The flight home was a nightmare. Our flight was delayed two hours when we got to the airport. After finally boarding the plane after our two hour wait, we were told that the plane had a problem and we would have to de-board and wait for a new plane. They did't have one ready for us yet. We landed in Detroit about 2:30 AM. After getting out luggage, truck and drive two hours home, I was happy to see my bed at 5AM. It was definitely worth the nightmare flight home though!!!! I love girls get aways :) Brett is wonderful. He even took Friday off to stay home with the kids so that I could go. FUNNY STORY: the kids missed the bus for their first time ever with him on Friday morning. Honestly it wasn't his fault and he did a great job of calling transportation and than quickly getting them to school before they were even late. The kids loved Daddy taking them to school. I thought it was so funny!!!

All three kids had a cavity at their teeth cleaning appointment, so I have spent several days and lots of time, carting the kids all around for the dentist the last two weeks as well. Thankfully they all cooperated and no freaking out this time...

I spent a few days at my parents house with my two sisters. They both flew in town to visit. We had a great "cousins winter camp".

I will post some pics soon. I am so behind in laundry...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.