Thursday, October 27, 2011

Blackbeard Island - Snorkeling with Stingrays




Our first port was Nassau, Bahamas.  We went by boat to a little island, Blackbeard
Island.  It had a beautiful beach area and tons of stingrays.  We spent half the day there relaxing, snorkeling, and feeding stingrays.
I was a little grossed out when they first handed me these little squids to feed the sting rays...  I also wasn't expecting to have to go in such deep water.  Remember - I am not a huge fan of being in the OCEAN!!!!
 It took me a bit to just get used to having these big stingrays just swimming around and bumping into you.  I finally did it!!!!!
 This was me right after I fed the first one...  They suck really hard on your hand!
 We even got to hold them.

 Testing out our new camera under water.
I decided that I should practice snorkeling since our next stop was SNUBA!!!!  I actually loved snorkeling in the ocean.  The fish, coral, shells were amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.