Sunday, June 17, 2012

Tough Mudder

Wow... what an awesome adventure!!!  I absolutely love to be challenged.  This was quite the event to sign up for.  It is actually indescribable, but I'll try my best.  12 miles through sand dunes, gravel, mud, creeks, fire, smoke, swimming, crawling, climbing 12 foot walls, two electric shock obstacles, balance beam, more mud, and lots of hills to scale (actually pulling on any tree or branch near by just to get myself to the top).  Oh YEAH all in 95 degree, HUMID weather.

I was looking forward to the ARTIC PLUNGE until I jumped in.  It actually took my breath away.  When I had to dive under the wall half way through, I was ready to get out.  Too bad there was a lady in front of me having a hard time climbing out.  I waited patiently for a few seconds and then gave her a huge push :)

The mud mile also stands out as very challenging.  Seriously, one mile of super thick mud.  There were even mud hills that were impossible to climb on your own.  I actually crawled through parts of the course because my feet kept getting stuck.  I did face plant several times as well.

The most "scary" for me was the water tunnels.  I really freak out about being trapped under water.  It was just mind over matter.  I had to crawl through a very small tube on my elbows down an incline into a muddy water pit, swim through the water and back up a small water tunnel on the other side.  There were two points where you had to be completely under water to fit through the tunnel ---  not fun for me.  There was no fast, quick exit.  One of my team mates and I stuck together.

Our AWESOME team -   WTF... I thought this was a 5K!
 We are off











 Check out all the sand dunes...
The giant water slide was fun until I hit all the gravel at the bottom.

We were so happy to come over this sand dune and find Brett waiting with water, gatorade, GU and food.  We had a stretch of running sand dunes that felt like we were trapped in the desert...

 I was so confident about the monkey bars...  Until they were wet and covered in mud.  I took a muddy swim!!!!



 Scaling EVEREST...  They told me to run as hard as I could and grab onto any hand at the top!!!!  That is what I did :)



 The electric shock...  I got zapped hard on my back and ended up tripping over a hay stack...  This picture is right after I got back up.  
 I made it!!!!
 Official TOUGH MUDDER



 The three hour drive home muddy, stinky, and stiff was the worst part.  After a nice shower and ice...  I was much happier!!!!
 I can't wait to do it again...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.