Brett and I escaped the blizzard and had an amazing time in New York. It was one of my favorite adult outings! However, trying to get there was a little crazy.
Thankfully Grandma is always willing to watch our three kids. She is amazing. She came down to our house and took care of the kids for 4 whole days by HERSELF... She even survived. The kids had two snow days while she was here. Poor Grandma.
Brett and I flew out of Detroit Thursday morning. So, I had this great idea to get the kids to bed Wednesday night and drive up to Brett's parents' house. I figured that we had the suburban and the roads couldn't be that BAD. The roads were horrible and even Brett was stressed about the drive. 94 was closed two different times from bad accidents. We could hardly see at all most of the drive. We safely made it after a very long drive. Brett kept reminding me of my horrible decision to do this. I figured it saved us from trying to do it in the morning and missing our flight. I didn't want anything to keep me from getting away for a few days.
We were delayed slightly because of the high winds. We made it to New York. I also got very bad air sickness and was in bad shape by the time we touched down. Thankfully Brett was there to help me off the plane and get something to eat and drink as quickly as possible.
We stayed at the Westin right at Time Square. We were able to eat great food, see Rockefeller Center, the big Christmas tree, shop, eat more great food, Broadway show "Billy Elliot", walk through Central park, shop, eat even more and Brett surprised me with a wonderful hot stone massage. I felt like the most pampered lady there. It was amazing to just sleep in and do whatever I wanted. I definitley need to be working out extra hard this week after my laziness and eating.
It was nice to get home and see the kid's smiles and feel their little hugs. I think that they missed us.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.