Brett had the week off work. It was just amazing to hang out with the five of us. We slept in, made coffee, played the Wii, snowmobiled, sledded, did some house chores, went out to eat several times, watched movies, stayed up late played lots of games and then Thursday afternoon headed up to the Detroit area for a little celebrating.
We went to Chad and Shannon's house for a New Year's Eve party. The kids WAY out numbered the adults. We had 16 kids. They were amazing and I even found the time to play games and talk with adults. It was fun to ring in the new year with the kids. Their little faces and cheers at midnight were priceless.
Did I mention that I love my kids growing up and becoming more independant??????? I finally see the light at the end of my tunnel. For MANY (seven) years, all I ever did was take care of children from sun up to sun down. (and even in the middle of the night) I am definitely enjoying a little freedom!!!!! I had so much fun that I forgot to take any pictures.
Caitlin stayed up past midnight for her first time. She danced her way into the New Year. That girl is a party girl. When it was her turn to dance in the circle, she showed all the kids her moves (shaking her tushy)
Brett and I also went out to dinner with some great friends from the good old Livonia days. We definitely don't miss the craziness of Northville/Novi, but the restaurant choices are amazing. We choose Champs because the Rose Bowl was also on.
We hung out with Oma and Opa on Saturday. Madison is quite the card player. She played her own hand of GOLF and even was the score keeper for us. She definitely doesn't miss a beat. Oma was so great to watch the kids for us both Friday and Saturday night. We love you OMA!!!!
Saturday night, Brett and I took my in-laws to see JERSEY BOYS at Fisher Theatre in Detroit. We of course had dinner at PF Changs first. I love the lettuce wraps there!!! Brett and I used to get carry out from there quite often.
The show was amazing... those guys could really sing. I could definitely get used to seeing musicals.
We headed home right after breakfast on Sunday and even got quite a bit of housework done before things go back to NORMAL. I even got a long run in on the treadmill since I was a real slacker over the break. It was truely a magical and wonderful Christmas season!!!!! I can't wait to see what 2010 holds for our family.
While I was tucking Madison into bed, she said that she had the best vacation.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.