My kids loved Gatorland. Actually, Brett and I really enjoyed it as well. Maybe it was just the nice change from all the craziness at the Disney parks.
If I didn't mention earlier about all the planning that I did for this trip, I had a very detailed itinerary for the trip including specific days (based on research) to go to which parks, character lunches planned and very little time for a sick child.
Blake woke me up in the middle of the night with a horrible stomach flu. Lets just say that we will probably be charged with a carpet cleaning bill from our rental house. I felt so bad for him.
Our following day was Gatorland and there was NO switching days around!!!!! He was so looking forward to it. We decided that it would be up to him if we actually go. He was begging to go, so we thought we could let him lay low during the morning and then give it a shot. He was very lethargic, pale and didn't eat or drink a thing all morning. Of course I was worried to death. I gave Blake a bowl for the journey. The last thing we needed was a cleaning bill from the rental car company as well. He made it fine UNTIL we got out of the car. I again asked if we should still go. He said that he felt fine.
As soon as we got there, we went right to a "Gator Jumping" show. Blake made his way right to the front where all these kids were and sat down. I was so nervous for him. He of course made friends with all the kids and was giving all the facts about gators. I didn't even watch the show because I had my eyes on Blake hoping that he would feel OK and not get sick on any kids!!!!!
He made it through the whole day.
The kids held a HUGE snake - I stayed as far away as possible, fed hot dogs to gators, wrestled gators, and had a great time walking around and seeing the most gators that I have ever seen in my whole life. I highly recommend Gatorland.



Brett and Blake have a similar picture of them holding a tiger cub when Blake was about 2 years old. Brett has the picture in his office at work. They wanted to do another one to add to their display. Super CUTE!!!!She was able to choose which alligator he would wrestle. After quite a while of looking at them, she chose a big one - that's my girl!!!!
He then told her to jump in and pull it out by it's tail, for a second my heart sank... Madison just might do it. She isn't afraid of much. She just looked at the guy with this weird face and he said, "Just kiddng, don't really do it". She later told me that she just didn't want to get wet - OR maybe she would have?????
We had so much fun and would definitely return again. We ended our day at the Rainforest Cafe for dinner. Poor Blake just drank a little water. Our kids just loved animals!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.