Blake has always been a solid reader, but he has always wanted me to read with him. Since he has started THIRD grade, I have told him that he could read independantly. We have started a NEW bedtime ritual; we still read some with him, do his homework, and then let him stay up later and read. He absolutely loves it. Maybe it is just that he can stay up a half hour later... We give him a time, and tell him to turn his reading lamp off and go to bed when it gets to be that time. He is awesome and reads, turn his light off and goes to bed on his own. I just love that boy.
I am so proud of him. Last night he finished his first ever INDEPENDANT book, "Diary of a Wimpy Kid". He loves those books. This is book #2 that he just finished. We read the other one together.

He is really grown up now.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.