Thursday, September 16, 2010

Toothless Wonder

Nothing is quite cuter than missing front teeth!!!!! Madison has had her front teeth moving for several months now. It was pretty strange because they were moving sideways, out and over, BUT they weren't really loose yet. We kept working on them, because it looked so silly. We were having NO luck with those two front teeth. She did end up loosing a third tooth on the bottom in the mean time. Brett and I really wanted those front ones out :)

FINALLY - they started getting loose. Monday night Brett was working on it with her while I was reading books to Caitlin. I had my fingers crossed that he could get her to pull them out. He finally convinced her to let him pull - out came the tooth with tons of blood. Brett was shocked at how big the tooth was. She freaked for a brief moment, but then was so proud of herself. She was so excited about the tooth fairy until bedtime. As I was doing our nighttime ritual, she had a scared look on her face. I asked her what was wrong and she said that she didn't want to sleep by herself if the toothfairy was coming into her room. I think that she was envisioning a man like the "TOOTHFAIRY" movie. I reassured her that "he" was nice and did this many times and she wouldn't ever see him!!!!! What a sweet child :)

I was shocked the next morning when she told me that the toothfairy gave her a TEN dollar bill. WOW, I never got that much from the toothfairy. Brett told me that he thought it was because it was her front tooth... She looks just like NANNY McFEE with her snaggily one tooth! We had one more day to get that crooked, LONELY tooth out before school pictures.

The next night, out came the other front tooth. Brett had to pull that one a little. Grandma also bribed her with a TWENTY dollar bill. I can't believe the money this girl was making on her teeth!!!! She loved all the attention.

She woke up at 5:30am the next morning to find out that the toothfairy took her $10 bill and left her with a $20. She thought that it was so funny that the toothfairy made change with her. She now has $40 to spend at Target. Grandma took her out to Target as soon as she got off the bus. She was so cute about the whole thing and loved her special time with just Grandma and herself. She picked out a Barbie Glamour house.

Every time that I look at her sweet face, I just have to smile. I wish that she could stay that way for a long time. I'm not a fan for those big UGLY teeth to come in. She is an OFFICIAL "big" kid now ---- so SAD.

One down, One to GO!!!!!

She tilted her head back so that I could take a picture of her NEW tooth coming in already!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.