Then we spent last weekend in Chicago with another dog loving couple. They actually have 5 BIG dogs. Maybe I was caught up in all the wonderfulness of being away from the stress and busyness of the kids, but I did say that I would get a puppy. Brett held me to that! When we arrived home Sunday night, he started searching for our puppy. He found one that night. After several emails back and forth, I needed to give her a call in the morning. Brett wanted this little puppy. So Monday morning (only one day after I agreed to a puppy) we were puppy owners. We were going to surprise everyone including our kids. I am not very good with secrets... I did blab the secret to a good friend and then told Brett. He was so mad at me. I will never live that one down.
The morning of our drive to Toledo to get Izzy, we told the kids that we were taking them somewhere GREAT. They all had their guesses. No one guessed a new puppy!!!!
We arrived at the ranch. The kids saw dogs running around and asked if they could play with the dogs. After getting out of the truck, Brett asked them if they wanted a puppy????? They didn't know what to think, so we asked them again. They started jumping up and down for joy. Then four of the cutest little puppies came bounding out the door. The kids were able to play with Izzy and three other siblings.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.