Monday, April 25, 2011

So Happy to be HOME

Izzy gave us a big scare over the past couple of days. She started throwing up - TONS!!!! Everytime she had anything to eat, she would just start throwing up just seconds after. She wasn't keeping anything down. I took her to the veterinarian today. They told me that they were very worried and she would have to stay the day there with them so they could do a Barium x-ray of her. Poor Izzy. It was hard to leave just a sweet little thing there. I was stressed and worried all day. As soon as the kids walked in the door from school, they were asking about her. I told them that I had to take her to the vet because of her stomach. They knew that she had been sick for the last few days. They were really worried about her as well.

The phone rang and it was her vet. Good news, barium x-ray went fine. It did show some small pieces (wood chips), but everything was moving through as it should. We do still have our fingers crossed that she will keep her food down when I feed her tomorrow morning. I am just relieved that it wasn't something more serious. We are already in LOVE with this little puppy!!!!!! I picked her up at 7:30pm tonight and we hope to not have to return tomorrow. If she keeps her food down, we don't have to go back in. The kids ran out to greet us as soon as I pulled in the driveway. They acted like they hadn't seen her in weeks.

Izzy was all worn out from her long day of barium and x-rays!
Even Zoe seemed to miss her today.
The kids gave her lots of LOVE. I must say, I haven't let her out of my sight yet either!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.