Thursday, November 3, 2011

Donuts with DAD

Our school has an annual Donuts with Dad morning for first and second grade students.  My kids always really look forward to it.  I of course volunteered to help set up, serve and clean up.

Since it was actually just for Madison, it was a little tricky that morning.  I arranged Blake to get on the bus with a neighbor (he is in another building than the girls) and Brett would bring Caitlin and Madison to the school.

I left at 7:00am (ALONE), in order to help set up.  It was wonderful to get up, get ready and not have to get the kids on the bus!!!!  While I was driving by MYSELF to the school, I couldn't help but think about my working days.  I actually missed getting ready and out the door in the mornings OR was I just relieved not to have to get the kids out the door?????  I am sure it was the later...

It was a great morning.  Brett, Caitlin and Madison were so cute when they walked in the cafeteria and saw me serving donuts.  They of course came to my station and gave me a big hug...  Madison wanted Caitlin to come back to her classroom with Brett.  That was fine by me.  They did a little activity in the classroom with their dads and then toured the school.

I was shocked by all the dads that turned up...  We ordered 900 donut holes and almost ran out!!!!  It was great to see all the supportive dads :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.