Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Here We GO!!!

Back to school is so bittersweet for me...  I love my summer with the kids, but I also can't wait for a little quiet time!!!!  I also get a little sad about back to school because I loved this time of the year when I was teaching.  I know it sounds a little crazy, but I loved setting up my classroom and greeting new faces for the year.

I found this quote that just cracked me up last night...  It hit home to me last night as I packed three backpacks and jumped in a bath after they were all tucked in:)

Twas the night before school started and all through the land, not a kid was in bed at 8:30 as planned! Their backpacks are ready with fresh new supplies. I hate to see them go, are those tears in my eyes? NAHHHHH See ya suckers!! 

I am a little sad to have Caitlin gone all day this year, but I didn't even cry this morning.  How could I be sad when she was the most excited little girl...

FIRST GRADE
 She is so proud of her new backpack and lunch box that attaches on the bag.
 Blake is not quite as excited as the girls.  
FIFTH GRADE
 Madison loves school and is so much better with a routine...  The messenger bag is a big deal for her!!!
THIRD GRADE
 Of course it was pouring rain this morning.
 Our bus stop moved to across the street since we have new neighbor girls.  My kids were very excited to have other kids at our bus stop.  This is Madison with her new BFF Ella...  Poor Izzy didn't like our new bus stop.  She sat at the edge of our yard and watched us.  We used to play frisbee with her everyday before the bus came.

I headed out to Target this morning and enjoyed my quiet time.  Why is it so much more fun to do dishes and laundry when no one else is around?  I actually didn't even mind it this morning :) We also start all of our after school activities tonight.Caitlin is doing gymnastics and Madison is doing Lyrical dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.