Friday, May 24, 2013

Grateful...

I'm not even quite sure where to start with this post.   I have just spent the last 10 weeks coaching Girls on the Run.  It is the most amazing program for 3-5th graders.  I had 15 sweet girls that have changed me.  I met with them every Monday and Wednesday from 3:45-5:30.

After attending a volunteer dinner with the program founder, Molly Barker, she urged us to think of one word to describe our experience the last 10 weeks.  GRATEFUL!!!!!  I am so grateful that I was able to coach these girls.  It was the perfect thing for me at this time in my life.  I left most every practice feeling so wonderful.  I have volunteered for so many things in my life, but this was definitely the most rewarding.  It is funny how I gained so much from this program.  I will be a part of this program for a very long time.  I would love to see this as my JOB someday...  A girl can dream right????  This program is way more than a running group for girls.

I delivered 20 lessons on self esteem, bullying, "bad" magazine advertisement, being happy in your own skin, healthy habits, community service, gratitude, friendships and qualities in friends.  We did a community service project -- 15 goody bags for all the support staff in the school.  Ran lots of laps. Received and gave LOTS of hugs and high fives. Did way too many ENERGY AWARDS.  Last, but not least, completed the most amazing race...

I sure hope these girls gained as much from this 10 weeks as I did :)  I can't wait till next year.

Meet my wonderful team of GIRLS!!!!



What makes our team BEAUTIFUL???

Practice 5K

























Molly Barker

One AMAZING Lady!!!


Molly signed my shirt!!!

Duct tape flowers

Community Service Project

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.