Saturday, February 1, 2014

Healthy KIDS

I am so thankful for healthy kids...  knock on wood.  We have only had to deal with Blake's tonsils and adenoids out in Kindergarten.  Yes, we have been plagued by the common colds that run through the house, but I have never been faced with a concern for my kids.  It does constantly remind me how much my mother must have gone through when I was a child.  She was a rock and very rarely showed her concern for my heart problem.  I will never forget her skipping out of the hospital on that joyous day that they said that my heart had miraculously closed up on its own.

I have been spending the last few days in a little worry for Madison.  Having a hard time sleeping to say the least.  I have taken my kids health so for granted.  Her "wonky" eye has really become worse. I know, calling it a wonky eye is so horrible!!!!!  I am waiting on pins and needles to get my call from the pediatrician office for our appt at the ophthalmologist.  We did go to the pediatrician for her 10 year physical.  They were very concerned with her eye.  They had several people look at it and commented on how strange that it just started doing this - her left eye does not track with her right eye and she gets blurry and double vision.  I immediately think of the worse - our great friends little boy has a tumor in his brain that caused eye problems.

Brett has been very supportive and helpful in making me just be patient and see what they say.

Other than her eye, they said she was in exception health... They did comment on how muscular she is...  I love my little athletic girl :)  She is 85 percentile for height and weight!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.