This summer the kids learned to wakeboard. We added a wakeboard tower on the boat over the winter and were all ready to try it. I was such a proud mom. I absolutely love watching my kids succeed at new things, ACTUALLY, even that they want to try new things!!!
Of course, Madison popped right up. She actually rode a little last year and snowboarded all winter. No surprise for her. By the end of the summer, she was very confident and even rode in and out of the wake. Sometimes a little cocky and wiped out hard...
Caitlin never would even give it a try last year. She was a little timid at the start of the summer, but then jumped right in and tried it. She did great. The board was so big that she had a little hard time controlling her direction. I loved watching her little skinny legs out there... Way to go BUG!!!
Blake, Blake, Blake... I just love this boy. He wanted to do it so badly. I have never seen such perseverance!!!! Seriously. He tried really hard and long on a few times out to the lake and just couldn't quite get up, but he wanted it so badly. FINALLY, when the Warners came to visit, he stuck it out and got up... It was priceless... I actually cried. The whole 30 minutes leading up to getting up, he was talking himself up. With every fall, he would say to himself, "I've got it this time"!!!!! He never got frustrated and just kept the biggest smile on his face and the best attitude about it. I was so happy for him. We all gave him the best screams/ cheers/ hugs and high fives when he got back in the boat. Blake, you are my IDOL!!!!! I will never forget your amazing determination.
We also were able to see lots of cousins and Uncle Chad put on amazing shows. Uncle Chad did a back flip!!!
I'm so looking forward to next summer so that I can get out there as well.
 |
| Emily |
 |
| "HIT IT" |
 |
| Uncle Chad |
 |
| Brett's Ice Bucket Challenge |
 |
| Blake |
 |
| Madison |
 |
| Caitlin |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.