Friday, June 10, 2011

Almost Done

Today is my kids last day of school!!!!! It has been a very busy last few days. Madison actually had yesterday off of school because her school was out of power - BUT Blake still had to go to his school... He wasn't very happy about it. Madison was actually a little sad because she was missing her ice cream party. After I let her know that they would probably still do it today, she was happy.

Both girls and I met a friend at Olga's for lunch and spent a few hours at the mall. Of course I bought three webkins, hair accessories, and bracelets. A ride on the carousel was a must and I actually got a few cute shirts for myself!!!! It was a fun afternoon.

I also did a HUGE party for Blake's class on Wednesday. I was in charge of organizing and running the carnival for TWO hours. I think it was a form of punishment from Blake's teacher. We haven't actually seen eye to eye on things this year. I volunteered to do the party because I wanted Blake to have a great end to third grade. He has had a very rough year.

I didn't have a ton of parent support so I put in tons of time preparing (and a HUGE target shopping trip). The party ended up being a huge hit. It was over 90 degrees that afternoon. I had tons of water activities, water balloons, squirt gun fights, face painting, crafts, etc. Blake's face was priceless. I forgot to mention that the teacher wanted it to be a surprise for the class as well. Oh yeah, it ended up being for two classes (51 kids)... Do I sound a little bitter about it all????? All I can say it ended well. Caitlin was a real trooper. We were outside in the heat for over 4 hours by the time we set up, did the carnival and cleaned up.

BRING ON THE SUMMER!!!!! Our calendar is already so full of fun things to do...

Good-bye First Grade
Good-bye Third Grade
Hello Kindergarten - fashion queen
Caitlin loves wearing dresses and headbands...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.