Caitlin gets to ride on the trail-a-bike behind me. It is really cool. I can hear her singing away and giggling most of the ride.
Blake had the opportunity to go bike riding with a friend on some real trails... I was happy and a little nervous for him - he is the one that doesn't love riding LONG distances. Off he went and off Brett and I went to the U2 concert. The girls were home with a sitter.
The next morning, Blake came and nervously said, "I guess that I should tell you about my bike incident". My heart SANK right then. I quickly scanned his body and couldn't wait to hear the story. Basically he ran right into a metal pole and flipped head over the handle bars. Thankfully he was wearing his helmet and was fine. The first thing out of my mouth was, "Did you cry"? He quickly said, "Obviously, YES, MOM"!!!! My sweet boy. His bike needs a little tweaking and he has several bruises, but thankfully he was fine and he even rode his bike back out the trail. I am proud of my little trooper.
I asked him why he seemed nervous to tell me. He said that he was nervous that I would be worried about him!!!!! I love my sweet almost 9 year old boy...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.