I escaped a blizzard in Michigan and went to Ft. Lauderdale last weekend. Kinda funny that we have had very little snow and then it comes the night before we have to leave. Our flight was at 6am Friday morning, but since the weather was looking so awful, we decided to head to Detroit airport and spend the night. The drive Thursday night was very slippery!!! We didn't want to miss our flight.
We arrived in Ft. Lauderdale in the morning. We definitely make the most of our time away from being a "MOM"... My bag didn't make it - bummer... Oh well, guilt free shopping!!!!! There was a nice mall walking distance from our hotel.
It was a very chilly weekend for Florida, but we did manage to get in our suits for a bit.
The kids ended up with a snow day on Friday. It was their first one of the year so far. They had a blast riding the snowmobile and playing in the snow. I did feel a little sad... I still love snow days. Those teacher days haven't left quite yet. I loved getting that 5am call saying that school was cancelled!!!!!
The kids also had a swim meet that weekend. Thankfully Brett was texting me with all the results. Both kids beat their best times on a few races. I love my little swimmers <3
We got the last flight out of Ft. lauderdale Sunday night, causing me to walk in my house at 4am. Girls weekends always leave me exhausted... Well worth it though!
Heather, Rachael and I had such a great time!!!!
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.