Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

Our family had an amazing week vacation together!!!! Brett had the week after Christmas off work.  We decided to just stay home and enjoy all our time together.  We went shopping, out to lunch, playdates for the kids, movies, lots of Wii playing, staying up late and sleeping in, neighborhood party and an AWESOME New Year's Eve party.

We had 20 kids from 2-9 yrs old at the NYE Party.  It was at a great friends house.  These families have really made K-zoo seem like home.  I spend a lot of time at the gym and running with these ladies.  Oh yeah, the hubbies all get along as well.  All the kids stayed up and loved watching the ball drop.  They also liked hugging and "kissing" each other at midnight.  Our kids slept in until 9am the next morning - we are off to a great new year...  This isn't the best picture of all of us, it was taken after midnight...


We were hoping to get a lot of ski time in with Brett's week off - but the 40 degree weather wasn't cooperating.  Of course, we got a great snow storm (10 inches) the evening before Brett went back to work.  I decided to take the kids skiing on Monday still.  I met two other families there.  It is a ton of work to get them dressed and on the hills, but every time gets easier.  The kids had a blast - I am still recuperating today (kids went back to school today).  I am battling a really sore and stiff back/neck.   It has been two weeks of muscle relaxers, steroids, heating pads, massages, and "TRYING" to lay low.  I might have to break down and go see a "DOCTOR"...

Brett and I are hitting the LOW CARB diet hard again.  I am also trying to drink more water and less Diet Coke.  We are both signed up for the Borgess runs in May.  I am running the half marathon and Brett is doing a 5K.  We are trying to be more HEALTHY!!!!

Happy New Year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.