Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Enough is ENOUGH

What a great weekend with friends and family...  However, I am pretty beat up this morning.  When will I EVER learn?????  I'm sure that this CRAZY, ADVENTUROUS side of me is exactly why I'm heading in for major shoulder surgery.

I had the best intentions to take it easy with the boat this weekend.  I was so excited to put the boat on the lake for the first time.  We had the whole LONG weekend with friends on the lake.  UGH...  Of course, I couldn't just sit back and relax...  I'm paying for it today.  I'm so looking forward to June 5!!!!!!

I actually was thinking that riding the wave runner would be ok.  OR if I hurt my arm more this is the best time to do it ... BEFORE surgery!    I guess I forgot about hurting other things in the process.  I'm sitting here with a super sore mouth, jaw, and butt :(  I've ridden things my whole life.  I was feeling so confident about taking Madison for a ride on the wave runner.  BOY was I wrong...  

As soon as I climbed on I knew it was a little crazy.  It is weird how you are so much more clumsy when you can't actually use part of your body.  I can barely even use my arm for anything these days. I couldn't even actually open a bag of chips earlier that day.  We started off with no problem, UNTIL the fuel line was never turned on and we completely stopped.  That was flip #1...  I ended up freaking out when I knew that we were going over and put my face right in the back of Madison's head.  Thankfully she thought it was hilarious.  AGAIN, I should have called it quits...  I dragged myself back up on one handed and took off.  Of course I was a tad more nervous now because my lip was bleeding pretty badly and my shoulder was on fire.  I had Madison drive for a bit to give me a break.  THEN my visor flew off...  Madison was determined to go back for it.  Of course we flipped over again and I fell really hard on the side of the wave runner...  I did call it quits after that, but still had to get back up on and ride it in...

The sweet thing out of the horrible ride was how protective Madison was of me.  On the first flip, she quickly asked if I had a life jacket on...  I said, "Yes, Why???"  She said that she knew that I couldn't swim with my bad shoulder....  She turned around and saw my lip bleeding and asked me if you could bleed to death from your lip.  I quickly said, "I sure hope not"!!!!!  My kids are being so sweet with me....

I AM GOING TO LAY LOW FOR THE NEXT WEEK....

All ready for another great summer


Loving the new TOWER

My crazy 3 children

Never too old to fall asleep on the way home...

Parade

Claire and Caitlin... BFF's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.