A friend of ours suggested take out at Fieldstone. We called and got an entire Turkey dinner with a pumpkin pie. Now things were looking up. We were going to eat a great meal without cooking and in our jammies. It was delicious!
Brett and I decided to make the dinner a big deal by using the dining room and china. We have only used our china a couple of times in 12 years, why not with the kids? Madison set the whole table for me including place mats, napkins, candles and wine glasses. We also had sparkling grape juice for them. I was more worried about the purple juice ruining something than actually breaking dishes. We managed withOUT a spill or any breakage. They are growing up.
I guess that leads me to my most thankful thing for Thanksgiving. These four people are amazing! I definitely had a tough week with the kids. Brett worked ALL last weekend and late every night this past week. The kids were also under the weather and extra crabby.
I guess it was the perfect time to watch "My Sister's Keeper". That movie really made me realize that I am so lucky to have healthy children inspite of the hard work that it is. I definitely have taken their health for granted!!!!! I don't think that I have ever cried more in a movie. I also spent several nights of checking in on my sweet children while they slept because I just couldn't get that movie out of my head. That movie really made an impact on me and I am trying to enjoy even the hard moments with my children more.
I decided to go shopping at Toys R Us at midnight with two girlfriends. We were very naive to the crazy crowds. We got their early, waited in the cold for 30 minutes to learn that the line actually went around the building. We decided that it wasn't worth standing outside for over an hour in the cold. We headed back home. It was definitely a sight to see. I am so glad that Kellie and Rachael were able to enjoy it with me. The shopper that I am wasn't very happy about not getting any done the night before, so I busted out to Toys R Us and Target the next morning. I didn't go until about 10am. This time I was very successful. I love the thrill of shopping and finding great deals. I am pretty much done shopping! I love this season.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.