Sunday, February 13, 2011

Two is Better Than ONE!!!!

So...... I crashed my truck two times (into the garage in two separate incidents within 12 hours). I don't even have an excuse. Lets just say that Brett was not very happy.

Crash #1 ---- I was pulling into the garage after grocery shopping and pulled right into the corner of a wall. Drywall came down and there was a crease in my front bumper. I felt HORRIBLE. I even told the kids about it and told them that I had to tell daddy about it when he got home from work. Brett took it very well and said that I needed to find someone to repair the garage. I still felt bad because I have never bumped into anything with the truck YET!!!!!

Crash #2 ----- While I was pulling out of the garage the next morning, I crashed the back of the truck right into the garage door track system. It did quite a bit of damage to the truck and garage door track. I couldn't even close the garage door. Since it was 6am on a Saturday, I didn't want to wake Brett up and tell him the news. This one was way worse than the one last night. So I locked the house door, since the garage door wouldn't close and sent him a text. I was going to my run camp and wouldn't be able to talk until I got back. I was sick to my stomach and didn't have a very good run because I felt so bad. Brett did return my text. I can't tell you what he said - When I walked in the door, he didn't even talk to me. I guess my tears softened his heart and he said that I better get out and help him at least fix the garage door. He popped my bumper back in, but it definitely has a good dent in the back. He also fixed the garage door so that it will close. He has continued to tease me non stop since. I guess that I do deserve it. I have no idea what came over me. Hopefully that string of bad luck is gone.

The next day when I was pulling into the garage, Caitlin yelled from the back seat, "Don't crash the truck today, Mommy"! Gotta love kids :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.