Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Winter Cousin Camp

Oma and Opa with the grandkids!!!!

My two sisters and kids flew into Detroit for "Winter Cousin Camp". My kids were so excited to see all their cousins. We woke up Saturday morning and headed out. I met my sisters for lunch. From lunch we went to the hotel and let the kids swim. The kids stayed in the pool for hours and we were able to just sit back and catch up.

We went to Red Robin for dinner and then headed over to my parents house. We ended up staying up till about midnight. It was an extra special weekend for my kids because we also stayed at the hotel with Charlene and Christy. Of course I had my own room with my three kids... They actually did great. Blake was a little cranky that he was the only boy and he didn't want to sleep with either of his sisters. He ended up sleeping on the floor with just a little blanket. Madison woke me up at 7am. Why do my kids have those internal clocks set to 7am????? We watched TV and waited for everyone else to get up.

After breakfast, we went for a little swim and then back to my parents house. We had a great day out in the snow. I loved looking up at my parents bedroom window and seeing both of my parents looking out the window. They have always loved winter and snowmobiling!!!!

Emily brought Just Dance 2 for the Wii. We had a blast. We even had my mom dancing!!!!! We also played cards with my dad. He loves to play cards. It was a great day. My kids were starting to get very cranky because they were exhausted. I decided that I had to get my kids back to the hotel to bed. It was about 9pm. We got back and I told them that I would give them $5 if they would close their eyes and go to sleep. It worked!!!! After they were asleep, I met my sisters out in the hall and we snacked, drank some wine, and had a great time. It was a nice way to end the night.

We even went back to my parents to play in the snow on Monday. I love having all the cousins together... They love each other so much. I am taking my three kids out to Denver to visit Christy and Emily in March. We can't wait.

The girls...
Blake and Eyvind
Aunt Christy was the CRAZY driver. The kids loved it.
Hold on TIGHT!!!
Emily and Caitlin. Emily is a great help.
Jensen girls and Caitlin
Just Dance 2...
Playing "GOLF"
The boys... Drake, Blake and Eyvind
My sisters


Emily and Gracie in their matching sweatshirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.