Thursday, August 25, 2011

FINALLY... A Visit to the Detroit Area!

We have been in Kalamazoo for FOUR years now... Where has the time gone??? It seems like just yesterday that we moved here. I never thought that I would say it, but I love it here.

I can't believe that we haven't seen Chad, Shannon and their kids all summer... Between both of our crazy summer schedules, we haven't been together. My kids have really missed their cousins. The kids and I went over around the 4th of July, but the Warner family was up north.

I left early Thursday morning - actually turned around 10 minutes into the trip to get Caitlin's NIGHT NIGHT and drop off Zoe. (Two dogs and three kids don't travel well together). I met my mom and THE COUSINS at my in-laws pool for the afternoon. It is so nice to have all kids swimming on their own. The "LITTLES" learned to swim without life jackets this summer. Those two girls are adorable!!!!! Caitlin loved the slide...

The kids were so excited to see Izzy swim. Not quite sure that Izzy liked it as much as the kids. She was a good sport.
Wow, he has really grown. I remember the first time that I sent him down this slide.
This little girl is so crazy. She is always willing to try something new. I love that about her!!!!!
Crayfish hunting. Poor Izzy was the only one to catch one. She stepped right on one and got pinched...

Friday was a beach day. I was so excited to take the kids down to the beach that I grew up at. I have so many wonderful memories of Elizabeth Lake. It was a gorgeous day on the water. My mom and cousins joined us again.

The kids loved the playground too
The LITTLES - Caitlin and Ava
THe LITTLES spent most of their time on this slide...
The four older ones spent most of their time on the dock... Yes, back in the day, I did many tricks off this dock. I was a little more timid today...
My kids love spending time at the Warner HOUSE. They have a pet snake that Blake just adored. I don't think that I could have one at my house. Isn't a bearded dragon close to a snake?????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.