I loved our cabin that we rented this summer. Every fall (for three years now) I research a great cabin in northern Michigan and rent it for a week in the summer. I think that it is so important for the kids to make great memories together. I also want them to know the FAMOUS landmarks of Michigan. So, we are trying to see as much of Michigan as we can.
We ended up renting a cabin on Elk Lake. It is a part of the chain of lakes with Torch Lake. We also rented a pontoon boat for the cabin. I will post several entries of our time up there. This is also one of the few vacations that Brett isn't working. He takes the whole week off of work. We just relax and have fun in the sun. Both sets of grandparents joined us this year.
We had a great time with the boat! The girls even played in the boat when it was just docked. I was out at the boat many mornings at 7:30 am just to play CRUISE SHIP. I told them that people liked to sleep and get massages on cruise ships. Thank goodness that they liked that idea. I was very pampered:)
The back of our cabin... All the windows were great.
Elk Lake was huge. This is just one little cove.
The kids also enjoyed our own beach area. Oma and I spent a lot of time on the paddle boat. I would take the kids out and then they loved swimming back in. Anything to tire them out a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.