Monday, August 29, 2011

Pajamas and Tadpoles

I am loving this cooler weather. The kids and I have missed just being outdoors! This past weekend, we decided to do it all. We went to our favorite park with a few friends and had a picnic, went for a long bike ride, took the dogs for a walk (still trying to train Izzy with the leash), caught tadpoles and frogs, gardened and even went to the Dairy Queen!!!!

Sunday morning was especially my favorite. I needed to work in the yard so desperately. I love gardening, but just haven't had a lot of time and it has been so HOT. The kids decided to go check out the tadpoles. They played there for almost 2 hours. So... I accomplished a ton of yard work. It felt awesome to get the front of the house all cleaned up.

I would check in on the kids every so often, they were adorable... I decided to take my camera out there and snap a few pictures. Our household loves to stay in PJ's all day... Maybe I should have brushed their hair????

I let Brett know that he would be the hero for the day if he brought home a net on his way back from the gun club... The kids loved the net!!!!! They spent the remainder of the day catching critters. I have a huge bucket in the garage of tadpoles and frogs. Nothing is better than being outdoors and getting muddy.

Caitlin doesn't like to venture out in the water, but she is a great container holder!

Blake decided that his rain boots were too small, so he borrowed mine... I loved how clean that they used to be :) I guess they will be broken in well now for those early morning soccer fields :)

White shorts????? Good thing for Oxi Clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.