Friday, December 2, 2011

Run, Run, Run

I love running!!!!!  Actually, there are times when I am running that I hate every moment of it, but when I am done ----  I can't wait to do it again.  It is my therapy and keeps me a happy MOMMY :)

Last night I did a little 5K in downtown K-zoo.  It was a fundraiser for the local food shelter.  I went with a great friend.  She is actually the first person that I met in K-zoo and got me to start running.  We have done several races together, but haven't run together in several months because our lives have been so crazy...

I have taken a little time off running since the spring and didn't even do a half marathon this fall.  I have been doing lots of weight training...  (hopefully all these sore hamstring days will make me faster!!!)  I must say that I was a little nervous about running another race because I feel that I ran the last half so fast that I will never be able to make that time again.  Being the competitive person that I am, I would be devastated to not do the same or better...  Last night cured me and now I can't wait to run again.  It felt awesome to be in a crowd with so many great people.  I knew quite a few people there from my past running camps and gym.

Here are a few pics of my very first race.  It was a 5K.  It feels great to have completed several more 5 K's, a 10 K and 4 half marathons in the last 3 years!!!!  What is next????




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.