So... I learned several lessons so far with the boat --- cell phones can fly easily overboard and E on the gas gauge really does mean EMPTY.
Blake and I learned how to gracefully run out of gas, but more importantly how heavy our boat is, how little the paddles are, and thankfully how to be towed back to the gas station...
I actually never freaked out and am officially not nervous about a thing with the boat now.
Brett, Blake and I headed up to get the boat out of the water for our upcoming trip up north. I was a little hesitant on getting the boat out last night because it was 7:30pm, cold and a bit rainy. Brett convinced me that it wouldn't take long and it wasn't a big chore---- I have also never had to put this boat on a trailer yet.
After finding out that our trailer got mysteriously moved and some abuse, a bumper lost or stolen off the side of the boat; Blake and I set off for the boat ramp. Brett was driving the trailer over and meeting us there. The boat quickly sounded a little funny and made me a tad nervous. It sputtered out and DIED... I might have said a swear word in front of Blake and let him know that we just ran out of gas. Since it wasn't a very nice night to be out on the lake, there wasn't any boats around to help us. I frantically called Brett. He told me to grab a paddle --- hahaha...
Blake and I needed to get the boat to the gas station ---- it was not very close by. After about 10 minutes and Brett texting me positive comments, we were getting nowhere:(
I saw a boat approaching. Thank goodness. I had them drive over to pick Brett up from the dock. I wasn't confident on my skills or the skills of the three teenage kids in their boat.
After getting gas, I decided to let Brett take the boat and I would meet him with the trailer. We pulled the boat out, washed it at the quarter car wash and FINALLY got home close to 11pm... The girls were able to spend the night with grandma. It was a super, fun adventure that I hope not to have to repeat very often. Blake was a trooper!!!
Monday, July 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.