Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mystery Reader

I love volunteering at school.  I think that it fills the void of NOT teaching just perfectly.  I haven't quite felt the need to go back to teaching as long as I can get into the classroom sometime.  It is great to see my kids PROUD of me and excited to see me.   I always thought that I might start subbing this year, but I think that I like going in on my own time...  Maybe next year??????

Madison's 2nd grade class has MYSTERY READERS on Friday afternoon.  She had no idea that I was going to be coming in.  I didn't even tell Caitlin about us going until we were walking out the door.  I wanted to really surprise Maddie.   

I wish that I took a picture of Madison's face when Caitlin and I walked through the door.  It was pure JOY!!!!  I love the look on her face in this picture.  She is so sweet to me when I am in her classroom.  (I have many rough moments with her, so I treasure these great moments even more!!!)
 I read one of Madison's favorite books, "Stone Pizza".  
 The following day on the soccer fields, many students came up to me and said hi to me and that they remember me from their classroom.  Madison just beamed!!!!!!  These are the  parenting moments to remember :)  I'm sure that Caitlin and I will surprise her a few more times this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.