Thursday, September 29, 2011

Stay at Home MOM

So... the kids have been back to school for several weeks.  They have adjusted quite well to their new schedules.  I on the other hand am still trying to play catch up with my time.  I am still trying to get a better flow for my day.  I know it sounds crazy that a "STAY AT HOME MOM" is BUSY!!!!!  My life seems more crazy this year than last...

Getting three kids fed,dressed, lunches made, planners signed, backpacks packed and out the door by 7:45 is always a challenging way to start the day.  Believe me, I have even pleaded with them to just not fight and torment each other and to PLEASE help  me out...  Some mornings are just better than others.

When I wave good-bye around 7:55, I have a huge relief...  Oh yeah, I have to run, walk or play frisbee with the dog before going back inside.  Izzy has tons of energy!!!!!

I have been loving my mornings to do a class at the gym or run outside.  Is it horrible to say, that this is the best part of my day?  After an hour at the gym, I can do one quick errand (or shower - taking a shower at home when no one is there is a treat!!!!) before driving over to the school to pick up Caitlin.

Between swim lesson, music lesson, grocery shopping and getting dinner ready, my afternoon is gone...  I am also picking up the big kids at school twice a week in order to get Madison to gymnastics on time.

From 4:00 until bedtime (hopefully 8:00) there is no down time.  Someone has an activity every night.  Several nights, we have two kids in two different places...  Baths, homework, teeth and FINALLY bed - I sometimes almost fall asleep in Madison's bed when she is reading to me at bedtime.

I love that I am able to stay home...  I definitely wouldn't have the kids in all their activities, volunteer at school, make dinner "almost" every night, have a clean house, and workout everyday IF I worked OUTSIDE the house...

Brett has surprised me with a 7 night Caribbean cruise for my birthday.  I am only turning 37!!!!  He is going to have to go really big for the 40th to outdo this one :)  I am really excited about the cruise.  I have never been on a cruise or the caribbean.  We really need a vacation without the kids.  I am a little worried about leaving the kids for so long, but I am hoping that I will get over it as soon as I walk on the boat.  I definitely could use some quiet time in the sun with a good book.  I will come back a happier MOMMY!!!!!!

Yesterday was the walk-a-thon at school.  I love this fundraiser.  I think that it is a great way to spend the day.  We don't have to sell anything and the kids get exercise.  The school raised over $50,000.  Each grade came out and had 45 minutes to walk/run the high school track.  Caitlin got to come back and run more in the afternoon with the other kids!!!!  She walked/ran about 4 miles :)  They received stamps on their shirts for every lap.

 Caitlin can run...  She will definitely do a race with me someday!!!


 I loved spending the day with the kids...
 My Little Wild Cats...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.