http://www.huffingtonpost.com/julianna-w-miner/the-sweet-spot_b_3617506.html
I also put the part that sums it up best for me:
Have you ever had a day like that? Where everything just degenerates into a huge goat rodeo? It was awful. So there I was the next morning at the pool, really looking at my kids. And even though we were still all fresh from the goat rodeo, I realized:
- Those are my kids right there: swimming and healthy and beautiful.
- Wait. Hold up. I'm not sitting in the too-warm baby pool, trying to pretend that it's not disgusting.
- And I'm not changing diapers in the sweltering summer heat because everyone in my family can wipe their own nethers.
- I haven't had to tell anyone not to drink the pool water this summer.
- I haven't used a stroller in over a year.
- We are all (mostly) sleeping through the night.
- They hardly ever scream "mommy mommy mommy MOMMMYYY!!!" every two minutes anymore.
- I can pee by myself (almost 40 percent of the time).
- They are sort of independent and (somewhat) helpful lately.
- Yet they still need me and want me to be with them.
- I can get hugs and kisses and snuggles whenever I want.
- But they can also take out the garbage.
- They're big, but they're still little.
I'm in the sweet spot.
I sat there for a moment and let it sink in. I've been so deep in The Blur for so many years. Not sleeping, eating cold mac and cheese off of Winnie the Pooh plates. Every day determined by nap schedules, nursing, diaper changes and preschool pick up. But that has changed over the past year or so, without me even noticing.
| Madison off to overnight camp for the first time... |
![]() |
| No words needed on this pic |
![]() |
| Sent Blake off on a plane to Maine with the Warner-Hovmand family! |
Oh God, please let this time last. Please slow it down a little bit. I didn't even realize we were here until the moment was half over. And what's coming next? Snapchat? Pimples, bras, curfews, pressure to make the same bad choices I did and just... All of it. I can wait for that. Can I just stay here with them a little longer? Can you please keep them safe and beautiful and young just a little while longer?
![]() |
| Thank goodness that they STILL find me in the middle of the night !!!! |



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.